As our name implies, we work on Wednesdays – and this means every Wednesday, come rain or shine, with only the occasional break for Christmas, New Year or named storms overhead (see the programme page). This does not, however, mean that you need to commit yourself to turning up every Wednesday. You are welcome whenever you can make it (even for just a part of the day).
We meet at 9:45am for a 10:00am start and finish at about 3:30pm on most days. We stop work for a coffee break and lunch.
There is no membership fee, clients pay a small fee to cover our running costs. You have to be 18 years or older to join our group and are expected to make your own arrangements to travel to our sites. Car sharing where convenient helps conserve fuel.
What the group will provide:
- Personal protective equipment (helmets, eye protection, gloves)
- All necessary tools
- Hot and cold drinks, and biscuits
Bring with you:
- Suitable outdoor working clothing (including waterproofs)
- Stout footwear (preferably with steel toecaps)
- A packed lunch and a folding chair
- (When necessary) Sun cream and insect repellent if you are sensitive to either of these threats
Other conservation group sites