As our name implies, we work on Wednesdays – and this means every Wednesday, come rain or shine, with only the occasional break for Christmas, New Year or if named storms are overhead (see the programme page for planned and historical dates). This does not, however, mean that you need to commit yourself to turning up every Wednesday. You are welcome whenever you can make it (even for just a part of the day).
- We meet at 9:45am for a task briefing and finish by 3:30pm most days.
- We stop work for a coffee break and lunch.
- There is no membership fee for volunteers.
- Clients pay a small fee to help cover our running costs and they supply any construction materials required for the tasks planned.
- You have to be 18 years or older to join our group and are expected to make your own arrangements to travel to our sites. Car sharing where convenient helps conserve fuel.
What the group will provide:
- Personal protective equipment (helmets, eye protection, gloves)
- All necessary tools
- Hot and cold drinks, and biscuits
Bring with you:
- Suitable outdoor working clothing, including waterproofs when rain expected
- Stout footwear, preferably with steel toecaps
- A packed lunch and a folding chair
- Sun cream and/or insect repellent if you are sensitive to either of these threats
- A can-do attitude
- Cake for everyone on your birthday
Other conservation group sites